Look, we all know I am not a fan of….well….people. So I should be the last person who has to be Earth’s cheerleader. But since nobody wants to do it, I guess I have to be the one to step in and save the day. Again.
For the record everybody, I really need y’all to yank the oars a little harder, I am tired of having to do it all by myself……
PEOPLE……This is the most awesome time on Earth to be alive. And here are 10 reasons why:
1. As I write this, there are over half a million people worldwide over the age of 100. The UN says by 2050, there will be more than 4 million. Right now there are more people over 100 than at any time in the history of Earth.
2. Global life expectancy is at an all time high. In the last century, fewer people every decade are dying young due to disease and war. In 1900 global life expectancy was 31, in 1950 it was 48. And four years ago it was a little north of 71.
3. The worldwide rate of death from war, both interstate and civil, is at an all time low. During WWII it was almost 300 per 100,000. During Korea it was 30. During the era of the Vietnam War it was in the teens. But the 1970’s and through the 80’s it was in single digits, and since 2000 it’s remained less than 1.
4. Here in the USA, in the past 28 years, gun murders have dropped by 49 percent. In fact, in the 20 years between 1993 and 2013, murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault decreased by 48 percent. In the 1990s we averaged 20,919 murders per year. in the 2000’s it was 16,211 murders per year. In the 2010’s, it was 13,000 murders per year.
5. In 1960, interracial marriage was illegal in the US. A recent Gallup poll showed that today only 4% of Americans feel interracial marriage in inappropriate. Divorce rates among interracial couples are below the overall divorce rate. Among Caucasian-Hispanics, it is 13%.
6. We currently live in a world where we have airplanes, cars, computers, electricity, fridges, internet, phones, TV, toilets and air conditioning. But that didn’t exist for 99.99% of human history.
7. People used to die all the time from Chicken Pox, Diphtheria, Invasive H. flu, Malaria, Measles, Pneumococcal Disease, Polio, Rabies, SARS, Smallpox, Tetanus, Tuberculosis, Typhoid Fever, Whooping cough, and Yellow Fever. Today ALL of them can be prevented with a shot. 8. Fewer people are dying from heart disease and stroke, and more people are surviving cancer than at any time in history.
9. Never in all of human history has it ever been easier to make money or to get rich. Today there are more ways to become a millionaire than at any time in history. Starting a traditional business, selling products online, even starting a YouTube channel are all areas that have hundreds of millionaires. YouTube stars Lilly Singh and PewDiePie make over $7 Million per year.
10. There have never been more millionaires or billionaires than there are now. Worldwide there are 36 Million Millionaires and 2,500 Billionaires. Global GDP is $80+ Trillion – the highest it’s ever been.
Okay, so everybody….CHEER THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!